Dear Valued Patient,
As we continue to face uncertainty as a community due to COVID-19 and the social distancing guidelines passed down from the federal, state and local leadership, our team at Great Lakes Dentistry has realized the continued importance of strong and on-going relationships.
We want you to know that we are here for you!
Where We’ve Been:
When we think about the individuals that bring us joy in fulfilling our vision for health and well-being, we immediately think of you, our patients and friends. We missed you greatly and are continuing to find ways of connecting with you regularly and being available for you in any way possible as we get ready for opening the practice beyond emergency appointments.
The original goal of the reduction to Emergency Care only was to suppress the spread of the virus and reduce the use of protective masks, surgical gowns, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) that hospitals and clinics found in short supply. This also gave us an opportunity to reinforce what we have always done when it comes to sterilization and infection controls, as well as implement additional steps to make sure that every patient can be assured a safe dental experience.
Where We’re Going:
We have been open as of June 1st 2020 for a wider spectrum of dental care. We have been working diligently to replenish our supplies that were donated, so that we are ready with a new schedule in place that ensures the safety and comfort for both team and patients, as we return to full care and service. Our team is now reaching out to patients who have had to cancel their appointments due to the shut down as well as patients who are currently scheduled in the up-coming months to confirm new appointments that promote social distancing mandates and protect our most vulnerable. Our new scheduling options are designed to address individual oral healthcare needs and maintain a safe and sterile environment.
We also know that during these unprecedented times obstacles like additional time off from work and financial concerns can be barriers to ideal care. We have also taken this time to evaluate our patient finance options and same day dentistry solutions with the intention of making sure dentistry remains affordable with minimal time expended for all those in need.
Rest assured, Great Lakes Dentistry as always, will place the health and well-being of our team and our patients first.
What our new office protocol is:
At Great Lakes Dentistry we are continually focused on the health and wellbeing of our team and our patients. To ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone, we have followed the direction of the CDC and American Dental Association by implementing the following and have also identified some ways in which you can help ensure a safe and healthy environment:
- We will be reviewing screening questions with each patient on the phone prior to your appointment and again when you arrive for your appointment.
- Each patient will have their temperature taken at check-in.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Each team member will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This PPE will be changed out with each patient appointment.
- Additional time has been scheduled between appointments for a thorough and deep cleaning of the treatment room.
- The chairs and tables in the reception area are being wiped down every hour.
- UV surface sanitizers are used between each patient and in reception area. This device will effectively and efficiently decontaminate surfaces from viruses, molds, and bacteria
- We are implementing special appointment times for our most vulnerable patients. Please let us know if you would like to having this appointment time.
- We are offering special appointment times for patients to condense multiple appointments into one block to limit the number of times required to come into the office.
- Offering new financial arrangements to help ensure affordable care.
What you can do:
- Use the hand sanitizer station at the front door prior to check in.
- Please leave family members at home to limit the number of people in the practice.
- If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment for two weeks later
- Maintain social distancing with 6 feet or more with other patients and our front office team
- When you arrive, call us from your car. We will let you know when we are ready for you and you can avoid the reception area and go straight back to a clean and sterilized treatment room
- If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please call us and let us know.
We look forward to seeing you all again and catching up with you at your next appointment.
The Ladies of Great Lake Dentistry